the grand barbie jeep

lil flex-J
well i figure i will let you all in on my newest project, the build will start off a little slow since im changing jobs and still recovering from surgery.

anyway since my wife and daughter dont like wheeling on the ''fun'' stuff as much as me and mason and my daughter has become a little timid, she doesnt wanna come as often, well i want her to enjoy wheeling camping and spending time with her family, so we worked out a deal and we are going to be building a father daughter jeep with help from uncle matt.

i sourced out a rolled over 96 zj, i will be using the good running 4.0 for my xj, but it came with an almost new 4'' rough country lift and a rustys track bar.

i then bought my little brothers 96 zj, this is where we will be swapping the parts too.

and since uncle matt is finally going to do some upgrades to his xj we worked out a deal on his 33'' km2's beadlocks and lockers and gears. that should get the ball rolling in a quick fassion once i feel better

so heres a run down

96 zj with 4.0
33'' km2's
allied beadlocks
4'' rough country lift
4:56 gears locked front and rear dana 30/35
swap t-case from rolled jeep since it has 2wd option, hack n tap sye
build rock sliders
front and rear bumpers
full roll cage
paint it gloss black with some hot pink touches.

i will get pics tomorrow of said jeeps. i think this will be really good daddy daughter bonding time and give her something to work for and be proud of.
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

tim moeller
Haay im in to help, let me know when

Re: the grand barbie jeep

Chapes
This should be a fun, quick build. And its going to be fun for the girls.
Jump it.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

lil flex-J
i agree. but you know me the quick build will become more in depth and more expensive. lol hey since your at home can you take a pic or two of the rolled jeep and post it on here?
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

Chapes
Yeah I will tomorrow or one day this week, may have to give kay the camera so she can take some action shots.
Jump it.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

beerman
progress? pics? maybe a picture with a wrench getting pulled out of a toolbox to start it off?
Beer

Re: the grand barbie jeep

lil flex-J
sorry no progress yet. still to sore for that, and im a freeze baby
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

lil flex-J
heres the two jeeps we will be using to build the grand barbie jeep.

when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

beerman
Shit I would just push the roof up in the donar and throw a cage in it. A lot easier. And a new windsheild
Beer

Re: the grand barbie jeep

lil flex-J
i thought about it, but the uni body is pretty twisted once you look at it close. the rear hatch wont even shut
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

bbaxter51
Administrator
It's a trail rig, coax it a bit with a hammer.  It'll get bounced off rocks anyway.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

Chapes
you must have missed it.

Rolled zj - motor will be swapped into kurts xj
             - lift going into grey zj

would be dumb to swap the motor out of grey zj into rolled zj, after rolled zj's motor goes into kurts xj.

On a side note, i think we should roll that bitch one more time.
Jump it.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

bbaxter51
Administrator
I"m out.  I can't keep up with you kids and all the swapping you've got going on.

Re: the grand barbie jeep

lil flex-J
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yep what matt said, the green jeep has a strong running low mile motor. i want that in my xj because i will be wheeling it harder than the girls, the silver one has 198k on it, i aslo want to build this jeep for the girls and have it be clean and nice from the start, what they do after its done is their choice.
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.