NEW FORUM - HEAD ON OVER!!!

bbaxter51
Administrator
This post was updated on .
It's in all caps because I was yelling.  We've pretty much ran into the limitations of this forum we've used for the last 4 years.  So behind the scenes I've been busting ass to build a new one.  The new one has PM's, looks bad ass, uses the same img code so you can copy and paste from one forum to another and the image tags work.  Plus if we decide one day to jump to the pay version like Pirate or MN-Jeep, I can transfer the data.  Another plus is I have sole control over the forum which means ads don't just randomly appear and if you want a feature, it's possible that I can make it happen.  With this one, we're just stuck with what they give us, which isn't much.

Now for the downside of this move.  None of our data comes with the move which means we're starting off fresh.  New accounts need to be setup and there's no way for me to move everyone's posts.  It sucks but Kurt and I have been talking about this for a year now and there's no good time to start over, so now is as good as any.  It wont take long and we'll forget all the bs posts that we're missing.

I'm also installing Tapatalk for those of you that like to use that on your phones.  I do, and I really like it.

I'm going to manually copy over my build and the tech articles I wrote years ago.  I hope they're still helpful to some people.

Anyway, www.rockbottom4x4.com/forum is the new site.  Setup an account, start posting, let's live over there now.  This forum will be "shut off" sort of since I'll be redirecting the Forum link on our site to the new forum.  I'll provide a link to this forum for anyone that wants to go back to look at old stuff and copy it over.  This is a big move and it's worth it.  Time to rip the band aid step up our game.

Let me know asap if you have any troubles signing up.  Let's do this.

\/\/\/\/\/\/ These ads down here can take a hike. \/\/\/\/\/\/

Re: NEW FORUM - HEAD ON OVER!!!

bbaxter51
Administrator
The new forum has been pretty busy today.  I think we let this current one live until next Friday March 22nd.  That'll give the active members a little over a week to create a new account and get settled in with the new forum.  After that, I'll make sure to post a link to this dusty old forum that people can reference until the cows come home.

Thoughts?

Re: NEW FORUM - HEAD ON OVER!!!

lil flex-J
I say sun/mon whoever uses this will know by then.
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: NEW FORUM - HEAD ON OVER!!!

bbaxter51
Administrator
Bump.

Re: NEW FORUM - HEAD ON OVER!!!

bbaxter51
Administrator
bump.  this one is going away come sunday night!

Re: NEW FORUM - HEAD ON OVER!!!

lil flex-J
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.