Quantcast

LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

bbaxter51
Administrator
Just sayin....

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

HULK
WHO'S NEVER GONNA BREAK AN ATLAS GEAR ANYWAYS?

Me.
I are jeeper

Administrator
This is more of a jealously thing because non of us could ever afford an atlas, so we have soap box the 205 round these parts!

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

bbaxter51
Administrator
JB Conversions quit making the 3:1 gears for the 205's...

here's an email I got from John at JB Conversions:

"We ran out.  Great product ; no problems but low demand.  I will look at running them again mid year."

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

MNtal
Last time I checked the Lomax gears were about the same price as an atlas 2 speed.

BANNED

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

lil flex-J
well WTF and i suppose they are the only ones who built the low max for a 205. i want them
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

CJesse7
dan dibble ran a atlas II  in a huge 4 seater buggy, with 44s, and a healthy 502.

just sayin

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

mudevil
CJesse7 wrote
dan dibble ran a atlas II  in a huge 4 seater buggy, with 44s, and a healthy 502.

just sayin
What gears was he running in his axles? The t-case would be able to take a lot more abuse if he was running a deep gear like say a 6.72 compared to a 4.56 gear.

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

CJesse7
mudevil wrote
CJesse7 wrote
dan dibble ran a atlas II  in a huge 4 seater buggy, with 44s, and a healthy 502.

just sayin
What gears was he running in his axles? The t-case would be able to take a lot more abuse if he was running a deep gear like say a 6.72 compared to a 4.56 gear.
not my point

my point is, bbaxter is running a some what light jeep, and he would never break a atlas.   the cost is pretty much the same, and he would save weight with the atlas.

brents jeep is super light. i think its more the cost factor on the atlas. very nice case but your paying for it thats for sure. i would def run one if i had extra money lying around, but i have a tranny to build too. who knows what thats gonna cost.

I understand and agree with that. I just don't want people to think that if Dibble can run a Atlas in his buggy then they can run one in there truck without considering the rest of the variables that lead to breakage.

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

CJesse7
onetonwillys wrote
brents jeep is super light. i think its more the cost factor on the atlas. very nice case but your paying for it thats for sure. i would def run one if i had extra money lying around, but i have a tranny to build too. who knows what thats gonna cost.
i agree 100%

i was just sayin the lomax isnt going to save him money over the atlas, and as far as strength goes, the atlas would be more than enough.

tell ya the truth, i have no clue how his atlas held up.  they are strong, but damn....

how would the lomax cost as much as a atlas
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

with lomax, you pretty much replace the whole case.  you might save a little money over the atlas, but its not going to be much.

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

tjgabo
I am ready to buy a Low Max kit. I called JB Conversion but i haven't had any answer . I would like to know if some body had this kit for sale or any NP-205 assembly with the Low Max kit. image='anim_crazy.gif'/>

Larry I heard they still havnt made anymore. You will probably just have to find a used one.
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

beerman
So I know they olny made these for Chevy and they also came with a new case. But is there a way you could get the gears to fit in a Ford 205 case? Was the new case needed or was it just stronger? Also I would like to find one if it would work.
Beer

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

CJesse7
yes the new case is needed, the larger lomax gears wont fit in a stock case.

Re: LoMax 205 vs Atlas II gears

beerman
mntal informed me that they made a run of these here lowmax 205's
Beer