Bax's Bronco

123

Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
After talking with HULK in great depth and breath about r/c crawling, I decided it would suit my taste and attention span better to build a crawler rather then buy one.  We enjoyed a beer and started making a parts list.

Goal:  A very capible 1/10th scale crawler that would be enjoyed for recreation but have a pile of parts worthy of a comp rig if I end up trying scale comps some day.  I've always loved the EB's and josh showed me a pic of one for sale and I knew that's what I wanted.

Parts:

Frame: Axial SCX-10 frame stripped down.
Axles: Gmade R1 Portal axles
Links: Aluminum 313mm links for a 12.5" wheel base
Body: Dynamic Concepts Bobbed Early Bronco Body
Engine: 55t motor
Trans: R2 2 speed transmission that will allow both 6:7:1 and 11.4:1 gear ratio.
Shocks: Powerstroke Scaler true dual rate coilovers - 110mm lenth.
Tires: Proline scale TSL SX's 2.2 with G8 "sticky" compound.
Wheels: Double beadlock: TBD
Winch: Bulldog 9300XT with wireless controller.
Tube work: 3/16th's solid rod

So far, I've got the frame and body delivered and the frame assembled.  On order and waiting for is the link bars, tires and axles.  This will be a bit of a slower build since it's expensive.  Hulk will also play a major part in the build since we'll be doing the tube work together in his garge since I have no clue what I'm doing:)

Here's some progress pics so far:

Re: Bax's Bronco

HULK
RC Crawling is taking over the world.
I are jeeper

Re: Bax's Bronco

langersbird
what kind of cash we talkin cause that thing could be sweet!!!
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
It all depends on the parts you buy.  You could easily go a ways north of a grand or two.  Or you could buy a ready to run rig for under $300

Re: Bax's Bronco

MNtal
That thing is going to be too cool.

But I think I'll stick to one money pit ...
BANNED

Re: Bax's Bronco

MNtal
This post was updated on .
double post bla bla bla...
BANNED

Re: Bax's Bronco

cj7-bitch
i aggree. i use to be into the rc thing spent lots of money busted them all up, and sold them on ebay for $1200 for two of them. yikes.
www.rockbottom4x4.com

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
You just wait until Hulk and I are crawling all over everything up at c4c with these mini pigs.  Your mind will be changed and you'll be eh-hole deep back in it again!

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
For those of you that haven't seen, this is generally the look I'm going for.

Re: Bax's Bronco

langersbird
EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE BUT I FUCKING LOVE IT, AS SOON AS I GET TIRES, TRAILER AND A WINCH. I AM GAME FOR SURE!!! campfire carnage? ah the joys. hope all is well
peace just for the record pink is pretty!!!
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
ah, it was his birfday, he gets a pass on the hair...

mmmm.... portals.  I've got some axles to setup this weekend...  RANDY!  LOL.

Re: Bax's Bronco

lil flex-J
how about tbi on the big rig??????????????
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: Bax's Bronco

EXPLORER4X4
Not sure if I gots the tools for those LOL!!!
THAT SHIT'LL BUFF OUT !!!!

Re: Bax's Bronco

350willys
Hey brent whats the chance after u are done playing with your toy could have ya bend me up front truss /mount for my double ended ram I got call me lets talk buddy by the way hows the little girl doin? later let me know thanks.

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
Well, all the parts I've needed have been on back order for over a month, but I've been getting emails saying stuff is back in stock, so it's on again!

These showed up a couple weeks ago!  Full scale TSL SX's!

And  a set of these should be here early next week, along with my aluminum link bars!

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
whoops, looks like a set of scale King dual rate c/o's will be here next week too

Re: Bax's Bronco

MNtal
you got kings brah!!!
BANNED

Re: Bax's Bronco

Chapes
no way, does interco actually make those?
Jump it.

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator

Re: Bax's Bronco

bbaxter51
Administrator
Got a little more done on the EB this weekend.  Link bars mounted, wheels and tires mounted up, aaannndd, that's about it.

123