2000 flex-j

lil flex-J
This post was updated on .
well guys as most of you know im buying a house and close at the end of the month which forced me to sell all my stuff for the buggy build. after everything was sold liz and i did some number crunching and realized we had a little extra cash and didnt wanna not have a rig. so i searched out a nice little rig, and mannaged to get it for a song. so this build thread will consist more of upgrades and some tweaking, which is all it really needs, it was b-uilt in my opinion very well. heres the specs
4.0, cold air intake, bored throttle body
Stock AW4
Flipped and twin sticked D300, 1350 flange front, 1310 rear
shaved D50 with homemade cover/10.5 not shaved with Great Lakes Offroad cover-5.36's, front locked, rear welded Detriot, discs all 4 corners
Oliver's driveshafts-1350 CV front for 50* and a 1310-1410 rear driveshaft
3 link front, double triangulated 4 link rear
38/12.5 TSL's
boatsided 9" to include shaved doors
4 point harnesses
Hybrid cage
108" WB
82" wide
6" over stock hieght
Hydrualic assist steering to include modifying the pump for more pressure and flow

when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: 2000 flex-j

lil flex-J

when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: 2000 flex-j

lil flex-J
im gonna try and make this one a little more self efficiant. and kinda like a expedition style rig.

plans are too z

build a roof rack and incorporate a led light bar
remove stock fuel tank that was relocated and put in a fuel cell, to make room for cooler spare parts, ect. ect.
make a mount on the back to hold a full size spare
build some half doors like matts to through on when it nice out.
finish the flet belly skid
mount a winch behind the grill and under the radiator.
rock lights because i have them
annd figure a way to mount a rear seat in it, ill post pics later to show why it needs some thought.

and last of all paint it with the paint i have had for a while
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: 2000 flex-j

bradzilla
i like it
Go Big or Go Home

Re: 2000 flex-j

lil flex-J
Thanks brad. I think it will work well for what it is. Are we going to get some updates on your rig soon?
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: 2000 flex-j

bradzilla
hopefully sooner than later
Go Big or Go Home

Re: 2000 flex-j

tim moeller
Looks great ,I pick you to tow me up everything. Cant wait to ride.

Re: 2000 flex-j

bbaxter51
Administrator
I like it too.  Looking forward to seeing some closer pics of it!

Re: 2000 flex-j

lil flex-J
Well trying to get the ol girl ready for a shake down run in moab/koh. Yesterday I had a new windshield put in it. Was a tight fit with the partial exo cage but none the less its in. I also ordered some NWF twin stick cable shifters.
I also removed the e brake cables that were hanging everywhere being that they were out of a cc lb superduty, they were way too long.

This weekend I'm going to replace the cracked radiator with a new one and re wire the fan so I can run it on either hi or low speed.

sorry guys no updated pics yet, but i was able to get some work done this weekend, i got the nwf cable shifters installed with a little help from matt making me some custom brackets.. i also got the new 4 pt harnesses installed.  fire extinquisher mounted, im having some issues with some wiring but thats a problem for a different day,
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: 2000 flex-j

Ryan
Don't ask Jason to help with the wiring

Re: 2000 flex-j

lil flex-J
Lol.  Im not much better. My dad hhas been helping me with all the sparky stuff.
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.

Re: 2000 flex-j

tim moeller
i can help finish the beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2000 flex-j

Chapes
We got this Bitch saddled up yesterday

Jump it.

Re: 2000 flex-j

Chapes
Lil Flex-j? must be official, kurt must plan on keeping this bitch for quite a while.
Jump it.

Re: 2000 flex-j

lil flex-J
a little update. i have ran into a few motor issues including a cracked head which is really common on the 99 and newer jeeps, so i sourced out a good running 97 grand that i will be stealing the motor and harness out of. i also picked up some h1's to replace the shitty beat up alum ones that are on it now.
when in doubt throttle out, or load that shit up.