well guys as most of you know im buying a house and close at the end of the month which forced me to sell all my stuff for the buggy build. after everything was sold liz and i did some number crunching and realized we had a little extra cash and didnt wanna not have a rig. so i searched out a nice little rig, and mannaged to get it for a song. so this build thread will consist more of upgrades and some tweaking, which is all it really needs, it was b-uilt in my opinion very well. heres the specs
4.0, cold air intake, bored throttle body
Flipped and twin sticked D300, 1350 flange front, 1310 rear
shaved D50 with homemade cover/10.5 not shaved with Great Lakes Offroad cover-5.36's, front locked, rear welded Detriot, discs all 4 corners
Oliver's driveshafts-1350 CV front for 50* and a 1310-1410 rear driveshaft
3 link front, double triangulated 4 link rear
boatsided 9" to include shaved doors
4 point harnesses
6" over stock hieght
Hydrualic assist steering to include modifying the pump for more pressure and flow
im gonna try and make this one a little more self efficiant. and kinda like a expedition style rig.
plans are too z
build a roof rack and incorporate a led light bar
remove stock fuel tank that was relocated and put in a fuel cell, to make room for cooler spare parts, ect. ect.
make a mount on the back to hold a full size spare
build some half doors like matts to through on when it nice out.
finish the flet belly skid
mount a winch behind the grill and under the radiator.
rock lights because i have them
annd figure a way to mount a rear seat in it, ill post pics later to show why it needs some thought.
and last of all paint it with the paint i have had for a while
Well trying to get the ol girl ready for a shake down run in moab/koh. Yesterday I had a new windshield put in it. Was a tight fit with the partial exo cage but none the less its in. I also ordered some NWF twin stick cable shifters.
I also removed the e brake cables that were hanging everywhere being that they were out of a cc lb superduty, they were way too long.
This weekend I'm going to replace the cracked radiator with a new one and re wire the fan so I can run it on either hi or low speed.
sorry guys no updated pics yet, but i was able to get some work done this weekend, i got the nwf cable shifters installed with a little help from matt making me some custom brackets.. i also got the new 4 pt harnesses installed. fire extinquisher mounted, im having some issues with some wiring but thats a problem for a different day,
a little update. i have ran into a few motor issues including a cracked head which is really common on the 99 and newer jeeps, so i sourced out a good running 97 grand that i will be stealing the motor and harness out of. i also picked up some h1's to replace the shitty beat up alum ones that are on it now.