1 ton Trailabite

1234 ... 6

1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
Sorry Brent, but it has started!

The rear axle came out last night.

We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

beerman
ARE YOU KEEPING THE SAME SET UP FOR SUSPENSION OR FULL 4 LINK SET UP?
Beer

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

bbaxter51
Administrator
You better tell the new owner to add some more triangulation to the duct tape on that truss, it'll never hold up long term.

It's ok, chuck.  When you're pockets are empty and the jeep is on jack stands for too long, I'll be the first one in line to say I told you so.

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
Well that won't take long then. I'm already starting with empty pockets......

Anyway, front axle came out tonight.

We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
wheelstandspecial wrote
ARE YOU KEEPING THE SAME SET UP FOR SUSPENSION OR FULL 4 LINK SET UP?

I'm going to keep the 3 link up front and will 4 link the back.
We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
Empty Jeep!

We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

stanton77
Looks like I better get the axles pulled out ASAP. The jeep looks like it's missing something

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
stanton77 wrote
Looks like I better get the axles pulled out ASAP. The jeep looks like it's missing something
Mike, I've been meaning to call you. I'm delivering my axles this weekend so when I get back I will have some of that green stuff to give you. Like I said before, no big hurry, just let me know when they are ready to pick up.
We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
Well, I got the shocks, belly pan and the T-case off today.
We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

MNtal
I have your Tire in the trunk of my car can I drop it off thursday???
BANNED

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
MNtal wrote
I have your Tire in the trunk of my car can I drop it off thursday???
Like this afternoon or tonight Thursday? That will be fine.
We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

ZJ boy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

HULK
How about suspension, coils, etc? Same setup as before? Are you stretching the wheelbase at least?
I are jeeper

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
Well, I wished I had a better plan before I started.........

I want to stretch it out to around a 100" wheelbase, so I was going to move the rear back 2" and the front out 2". But I'm not sure that I can move the rear back that far with the stock gas tank. If not I may leave the rear where it's at or move it back as far as it can go and just move the front out 4". - So I'm not sure.

Not sure on the shocks either, I have been doing a lot of research on the ORI ST's though and really like what I'm seeing. Just not sure if I can afford them.

After talking with MNTAL I'm second guessing the 231/300 doubler and just may go with an Atlas II.

We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Freebs
RCI fuel cell is dirt cheap and should allow you to move the rear where you want to.

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

stanton77
RCI fuel cells are nice but who wants to give up what little interior room there is in a TJ. One of these tanks would be a great route to go. Just sucks how big of a dent it'll take out of the old pocket book.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=GST2006

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

bbaxter51
Administrator
$849.00??  Did I read that right?  Goodness, they're proud of their stuff, eh?

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

Trailabite
stanton77 wrote
RCI fuel cells are nice but who wants to give up what little interior room there is in a TJ. One of these tanks would be a great route to go. Just sucks how big of a dent it'll take out of the old pocket book.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=GST2006
Actually, I was already looking at their comp stretch package.
We Salute Seal Team Six

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

1BACJ3
I like that comp package, that would be pretty sweet.

Re: 1 ton Trailabite

MNtal
Comp cut is so 1999...
BANNED